My First Impression of College - English Essay

My First Impression of College

English Essay on "My First Impression of College"

The result of the Secondary School Examination was declared by the Board and I got First Division. Immediately after this, the Principal of the local Government College invited applications for admission to the first year class. I applied, and was selected. The admission continued for ten days. We were allotted roll numbers and I was proud of being a college student. Meanwhile, the time table was put up on the notice board, and our classes started.

On the first day I reached the college well before time. I found myself among smart and active boys. They were the senior students who had arrived early to make ‘first year fools’ of us. They greeted the new corners with funny remarks.educationsight.blogspot.com Most of us got nervous, and this encouraged them further to laugh at us. They teased and ridiculed us.

At 7-30, the college bell rang. We entered the classroom. It was my first day in the college, and it was a new experience for me. Naturally, I felt excited, and waited for the lecturer. The lecturer arrived and began to call over the roll numbers on the attendance register. It was quite amusing to hear the boys responding to their roll numbers in different ways: some in Urdu, sonic in English and some in Arabic. Alter the roll call, the lecturer spoke to us about the college rules and discipline. Then he introduced us to the subject he was to teach. When the period was over, we moved to another room. That day, each teacher spoke on the importance of college education and the way we could profit by it.

My impression of that day in the college is still fresh in my memory. I found myself at the place where ‘I had wished to be for a long time. The word college had been a great attraction to me ever since I was the student of tenth class. Many times before, I had come to this place with my brothers, cousins and friends. Now that I myself was a student of this college, it seemed to me a wonderful place. I liked its building which was bigger than that of the school I had recently left. I had a strange sort of satisfaction on entering the gate of my new alma mater. t was experiencing a new joy and I gazed at the place that would inspire’ me to things of higher worth. The college would give me knowledge and wisdom; and make a good citizen of me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Fantastic articles is post by you in this blog. You give a nice thing. Thank you for such a nice article. Every word oF this blog helps me to give detail to me. educational field trips for college students.

    ReplyDelete