My House - English Essay

My House

English Essay on "My House"

My house is in a small village nine miles from Lahore. It is a spacious one storey building made of bricks. It stands right in middle of a large piece of land with a hedge on all sides. In front of the house is a well-kept lawn with tall graceful trees and flower-beds. On the back, is a small lawn and a vegetable garden, while on the other two sides arc mango trees. In the corner of the front lawn, is a well which we use for watering the trees once or twice a month.

The house itself consists of two rows of three rooms each, all square and spacious, joined by a corridor. A verandah on the front and back of the house protects it from sun and rain. The walls of the house are so thick that the heat of the summer sun never manages to reach inside. In the winter they become rather cold.educationsight.blogspot.com The front verandah leads to two rooms: one is the drawing room, the other is my father’s room. My room is just behind the drawing room. Other rooms are occupied by other members of the family.

My father does not like modern furniture which, in his opinion, is fragile ugly and uncomfortable. He has furnished the house with large, solid chairs, tables and beds. In the drawing room two big brass lamps stand on a table, because we have no electricity in our village. My room is perhaps the most modern part of the house. My father allowed me to buy a sofa set and a bookcase with glass-front.

My house is not a very big or a magnificent building but it is not like other houses I have seen. It is different. It has a strange charm for me. I have become so used to living in it that now I do not really feel comfortable anywhere else. I have a lot of associations with it, for I have spent my childhood and boyhood in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment