My Subjects of Study - English Essay

My Subjects of Study

English Essay on "My Subjects of Study"

I am a student of 1st year class. I study arts subjects, which are five in all. Two are cornpulsory namely English and Urdu. The rest of the three have to be elected by the students themselves. After consulting my parents and friends, I have taken up Economics, Civics and Persian. Should somebody ask me, I can Live reasons for my choice.

All would agree that outs is an age of Economics. It is the economic issues which press upon countries most heavily and give birth to many other complicated problems. Knowledge of the world’s economic conditions, therefore, is necessary for any educated person. But Economics, like many other branches of know ledge, has in modern times grown into a regular science, It has its own theories and principles which are difficult to learn.educationsight.blogspot.com One has to study it methodically if one is serious about it. It was with this purpose in view that I took up Economics. One cannot master a subject at F.A. level, but I feel that whatever I have studied of Economics greatly helps me in comprehending the actual economic problems. The law of demand and supply tells me why prices rise and fall, what factors control demand and supply of various commodities and so on.

Likewise, Civics, has developed my faculty of analyzing the political situation of my country and the world. Now I know how governments are run, how parliaments and assemblies work and how political problems are solved. Like Economics, Civics is a science—it is called political science—and needs to be studied as such. There is another advantage in studying Economics and Civics together. They are closely inter-related and the knowledge of the one helps in understanding the other more fully.

It was my father who suggested that, besides technical subjects, T should study some language. I have a natural aptitude for the Persian language. Persian is a very sweet language and poets like Hafiz and Sa’adi give me much pleasure. It also aids my Urdu, as more than fifty percent of the urdu language consists of Persian words and phrases.

Speaking of the subjects collectively I can say that these are to my taste. Moreover, their study is useful, not only because I hope to get good marks in them, but also because they teach me something important, and enlighten me on various human problems.

As for the compulsory subjects, I have a liking for them also. English and Urdu are two windows through which we can look at the Vast body of literature produced by two civilizations. I know Urdu quite well, so I pay more attention to my English. I have really begun to enjoy it as a rich, delightful language.

No comments:

Post a Comment