English Prepositions (Part V)

English Prepositions (Part V)

English prepositions with correct answers

NoPrepositionsAnswer
1.Please do not shout _____ me.at
2.Remember to shut _____ the stove when you finish cooking.off
3.No matter what happens, I shall stand _____ you.by
4.We stay _____ until eleven o’clock.up
5.Your work is superior _____ your brother’s.to
6.The secretary took _____ the speech in shorthand.down
7.That boy takes _____ his father.after
8.I talked _____ the boy about his conduct.to
9.He tends to explain everything _____ detail.in
10.I am thankful _____ you for your advice.to
11.You need not give your answer immediately; think it _____.over
12.It was thoughtful _____ you to warn me of the danger.of
13.He is tired _____ your silly questions.of
14.He was tired _____ after a long walk.out
15.I am tired _____ hot weather.of
16.It turned _____ that the rumors was false.out
17.The young boy was unconscious _____ the mistake he had committed.of
18.He is proud _____ his wealth.of
19.He is vain _____ his strength.of
20.The National Assembly will vote _____ the bill this afternoon.on
21.I will be late tonight. Do not wait _____ for me.up
22.He wears _____ a pair of shoes every month.out
23.He was a witness _____ the accident.to
24.I will help you work _____ that problem.out
25.He yearns _____ a home of his own.for
26.The committee turned _____ his suggestion.down
27.The Assembly talked _____ the bill.out
28.He shows great zeal _____ his work.in
29.The train arrived _____ Shabdara _____ 11 o’clock.at, at
30.Ahmed goes _____ college early _____ the morning.to, in
31.I looked _____ the window _____ the busy street.from, to
32.It is better to write _____ ink.in
33.Count _____ one _____ ten _____ your fingers.from, to, on
34.The shop is _____ fire.on
35.What are you laughing _____?at
36.He will be _____ home _____ four and five.at, between
37.Bang-e-Dara was written _____ Iqbal.by
38.I was born _____ Gujranwala hut now I live _____ Shahdara, a town _____ Lahore.in, in, in
39.He is going _____ a trip _____ the world.on, around
40.He fell _____ the ladder.from
41.Put _____ your coat and come _____ for a walk.on, out
42.You must send _____ the doctor.for
43.Have you any money _____ you?on
44.I do not get _____ very well _____ Hamid.on, with
45.You can rely _____ me to stand _____ you if you are _____ trouble.on, by, in
46.I left him leaning _____ the pillar _____ a cigarette ______ his lips.against, with, between
47.Who is going to pay _____ all this damage _____ my shop?for, to
48.It is rude to point _____ people _____ this manner.out, in
49.The soldiers were all covered _____ dust.with
50.Are you afraid _____ a dog?of
51.Charity does not consist _____ indiscriminate giving of alms.in
52.He took exception _____ the presence of an outsider.to
53.Alcohol is injurious _____ health.to
54.Put your books _____ the table.on
55.Switzerland lies _____ Germany, France and Italy.between
56.Don’t look ,_____ me like that.at
57.I have often found him negligent _____ his duties.of
58.How jolly! Your birthday coincides _____ mine.with

No comments:

Post a Comment