Autobiography of an Old Shoe - English Essay

Autobiography of an Old Shoe

English Essay on "Autobiography of an Old Shoe"

I have a strange history behind my worn out condition. Long ago was a part of the skin of a beautiful cow that grazed happily in a green pasture. She became old and was slaughtered and skinned by a butcher. It was a very painful moment for me. The skin was salted and dried.. It was sold as hide and was treated in a tannery with chemicals. I now got the shape of leather.

I lay in a go down for a couple of months. One day a man purchased me as well as some other pieces of bright leather lie took us to his factory which prepared shoes. His workers cut us into various pieces.educationsight.blogspot.com We were made to pass through different machines till I became a shoe with a beautiful heel, a sole and a toe. I, alone with another of my shape and size, was packed in a cardboard box and dumped into a big go down.

A shoe merchant purchased us and we found our way to his shop. We lay there for a few days. On the inquiry of the customers, we were brought out and tried on their feet. But for some days the bargain could not be struck because our master demanded more than the customers offered. One day a man came to the shop. He selected us, paid the price, and took us home. He was a rich man. We moved on carpets and clean market floors, and travelled in comfortable motor cars. We were polished by hi servant daily. Our owner had many pairs of shoes. So he used us rarely. Most of the days we lay on a shelf I was anxious to travel abroad but there was no hope so long as he possessed us.

After a few months our master gave us to one of his servants in the beginning he polished us daily and wore us throughout the day. I was happy because I had a chance to see the world around me. But my happiness was short lived. I felt tired by too much use. Now the brightness of my face was gone. My body pained and was disfigured.

One day we were lying in the courtyard of my owner’s house. Suddenly a dog came up to us. He sniffed at my companion, lifted him with his teeth, and, quietly went away. I was left alone. Since then I have been lying in a corner weeping at my miserable condition.

1 comment: