The Proud Lady and the Caterpillar - Story

The Proud Lady and the Caterpillar

Short Story on "The Proud Lady and the Caterpillar"

A youthful Lady had a wonderful garden. She took big care of it. One day, she was walking in her beautiful garden and admiring the colourful flowers. She saw the trees laden with juicy fruits and clapped her hands with joy.

Rapidly, the Lady saw a Caterpillar on her dress. She was horrified.
Lady shook him off her dress, saying angrily, “Go away, you ugly Caterpillar! You eat all the leaves, flowers and fruits and ruin my lovely garden. I work so hard to keep my garden beautiful. You spoil it by being here.

Caterpillar looked at her and said serenely, “Proud Lady, I am ugly to look at now Soon, I shall turn into a beautiful Butterfly. The lovely silk of your dress has come from insects like me, so, do not insult me.

“You will be jealous of me, when I become a Butterfly! Since, then I shall be more colourful and beautiful than you.”

Caterpillar continued, “We are greatly puzzled by you. Your beauty is temporary. Without your clothes, you look like a Caterpillar. Only when you dress up in colorful clothes do you become a Butterfly!”

Moral:True beauty does not lie in clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment