Letter : To Uncle opposing proposal for marriage

Opposing proposal for marriage
15th Modern Housing,
Karachi.
May 30, 2014
Dear Uncle,
I am in receipt of your letter of the 1st instant. I am surprised to learn that my marriage has been fixed for 15th proximate. It pains me to disagree with you, but still I request you to postpone it for the present. I am yet a mere boy in teens.
I have not yet finished my schooling. You want to make me a great man and send me to overseas for higher studies. But marriage would certainly stand in the way of my education and would deal a death blow to my aspirations. Moreover, I can't support even myself at present. I feel I should not marry unless I am able to earn my own livings. Marriage involves many duties and responsibilities. But I find myself unable to shoulder at this age. Besides, my marriage will tell upon health and spoil my future career. So I request you to drop the proposal for the present.
My annual examination comes off next month, second week. As soon as it is over, I will come home and then we shall talk the matter over. I hope you will forgive me for my disobedience.
Your loving nephew,
Yours affectionately,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment