Letter : To a pen friend living in foreign telling him about your school

Telling about your school
Examination Hall,
Karachi.
Dec 17, 2014
My Dear,
I am in receipt of your letter and a copy of your photograph. Believe me I was so glad to look at it that I showed it to my friends and parents. I really wish we were able to meet each other some time in life. You have expressed your desire to know about my school. I give below a brief account of it.
The name of my school is Govt. Model School. It is situated at a distance of 2 km. from the city. It has a built in area of 2,000 square yards. Every room contains simple furniture. It has a big playground, a garden, a laboratory, a library and 24 classrooms.
The school was started sixty years ago. Its Principal is a very well-known academician who has been to England as a teacher for several years. He takes great interest in teaching his students. He always stresses the importance of punctuality and discipline which, he says, English children learn in their nursery. His motto is; hard work and high character. He calls meetings every Saturday and gives a gist of English life and society. It is through his efforts that our school has become a model institution.
Our teachers are equally interested in teaching us. They give due importance to sports. They give us all facilities to do hard practice. It is as such that our school is second to none in the field of sports. Once a month outdoor rallies are organised. We are taught how to move in society. How to face great dangers without losing courage. In fact, the lessons of a lifetime importance are a part of our syllabus.
Scouting is another feature of our school. Our P.T.I. always stresses the importance of building up high character in a highly developed body. Rallies and jamboories are organised off and on. We get instruction as well as recreation.
Our school is very expensive. We have to pay Rs. 4500/- per month as tuition fees and spent about Rs. 1400/- more per month on stationery, bus and pocket money. In Pakistan, middle class families cannot afford to spare so much. Consequently, children of high class people alone can benefit from this standard.
Please pay my best regards to your parents. I am enclosing a copy of my photograph as desired by you. I do not know to which of your friends you will show it but please do not show it to your parents otherwise they will make a fun of you for having chosen an ill-figured boy like me as your pen friend.
Your sincere friend,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment