English Essay on My Hobbies

My Hobbies

English Essay on "My Hobbies"

I am going to tell you all about my hobbies, for I do have some hobbies. I know there are some friends of mine who do not think much of them. They tell me it is no use collecting the match-box tops or making gliders out of post-cards, But do they know about it? Besides these are only my minor hobbies.

Let me begin at the beginning. Well, I began as a botanist. It does mean that I know all about the classification of plant with their Latin names complete.educationsight.blogspot.com Nothing of the sort as a little boy I was interested in plants, and had my collection of dry and green plants, twang, leaves flowered and so on. But even now I collect plants. Well, once I was fined Rs. 10 by an exasperated City Magistrate who told me that it was my third offence and he could not simply let me off with a warning.

Then I am a photographer. I mean an amateur one. It is a most absorbing hobby. ‘Whenever I am free and go out of the house I have my camera slung round my neck. I never go on a journey without my camera and a roll of films I have so many fine ‘snips’ a setting sun tipping with splendid hues, the distant snows of the Himalaya’s, the grandeur of the monsoon clouds sweeping across the sky, the charm of a corn-field basking in the noon day. It was no use getting poetical. I myjut tell you that I love Nature and do not care for going about snapping people and ruins and historical monuments. I make with the help of my camera some scenes of Nature a possession forever. My friends tell me that my photography is an expensive hobby. But what does expense matter?

Then I come to the match-box tops. You see at first I did not really want to collect them. Well even now, when I have a collection of 300 match-box tops. I do not think much of them. To be frank, it is a kind of Competition. My friend Jawed told me once, some two years back, that he had a collection of 150 match-box tops and no one could make a large collection. I took a vow then and there to beat him. After a year and a half I did beat him. But ills not really my hobby, it is Jawed’s hobby. I have got it second-hand, so to say.

Lastly, I am going to explain my position about the gliders. With a pair of scissors, some thread, and some soft lead one can make a fine glider out of a post-card. It was my younger brother who taught me how to do it first. He is a scout. But now I have my own technique and my gliders fly farther than those of my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment