Story on Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child

Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child

Short Story on "Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child"

Once there lived a woman, who had a son. One day the son stole a pen from his class fellow and showing it to his mother told her how he had stolen it. The woman smiled at his dexterity in stealing and did not rebuke him. This encouraged the boy. I-Ic began to steal things frequently but his mother never reproved him. One day he was caught red handed while stealing and was brought to justice. He was tried and was found guilty. The judge awarded him rigorous punishment and sentenced hint to Jail.educationsight.blogspot.com The culprit requested the judge to allow hint to say something to his mother, who was present in the court. The judge consented. While pretending to whisper something to his mother’s ear, he bit it clearly off with his teeth. Then he said to all who were present, “ This woman is responsible for the shameful act I am being punished for, today. Had she children me and head she punished mc r the crime the day I had stolen the pen; I would have not been punished today. Thai day she smiled at my crime and thus encouraged me to steal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment