Journey to a Hill Station - English Essay

Journey to a Hill Station

English Essay on "Journey to a Hill Station"

The summer is a cruel season. It brings with it the scorching sun and the burning winds. The plains of West Pakistan become hot like hell. One dreams of hills, pines and springs. Last year, I bad the good fortune of spending a few days in the Murree bills, away from the heat of Lahore. It was with a sense of great relief that, one morning, I boarded a bus for Murree. From Lahore to Rawalpindi, it was a tiring journey.

After a short stop, the bus moved towards Murree. When we bad gone a few miles, we noticed the changing landscape. The road began to ascend gradually. Small mounds appeared on both sides. Then came small hillocks. They were thinly grown with shrubs and small trees. A great mist hung in front of us. Only the dim outlines of hills were to be seen.educationsight.blogspot.com The driver told us that it was raining in Murree.

It was my first journey to a hill station. I was very much excited. I wanted to see everything on the way. I looked out of the window. The hills were covered with lofty” pine trees. It was a beautiful scene. Suddenly, I noticed that the clouds were rolling towards us. The breeze was cool and damp. The driver switched on the lights. It had become somewhat dark. When we reached Ghora Gali a dirzzle was falling. It was misty all around. The bus moved very slowly.

In half an hour we reached Murree. The drizzle had stopped, but the clouds were still there. Perhaps they were regrouping for the next shower. My cousin had come to receive me. We went straight to the house they had rented for the season. The winding roads and paths lined with fir trees took u to the house. After meeting my uncle, aunt and cousins, I took coffee and prepared to gout but a heavy rain began to fall, and I had to stay indoors.

I stayed in Murree for one week. It was a pleasant time. Murree is the most popular and modern hill station. It is situated at a height of some eight thousand feet. The weather remained cool and pleasant. I roamed in the pine covered hills and drank from the cool, sweet springs. In fact, Murree has everything that nature and man can give it. Nature has made it beautiful and graceful. Man has given it grand building and comfortable hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment