The Profession of My Choice - English Essay

The Profession of My Choice

English Essay on "The Profession of My Choice"

Perhaps the most difficult and important problem for a young man is the choice of his profession. It requires a clear judgment of his talents’, a deep understanding of his tendencies, and a realistic view of the available opportunities. I remember the anxiety and agony I experienced while making my decision. My father is a doctor and he wanted to make a doctor of me, too. In fact, he had been talking of it since my childhood. I had been so much influenced by his desire that it never came to my mind that I did not like to become a doctor. Then something happened when I was in my final year at school, and it changed my plans.

Our history teacher took our class to Lahore for visiting the places of historical interest. For the first time I saw the magnificent buildings built by Moghul Kings; The fort, the Badshahi Mosque and Jahangir’s Tomb all inspired my imagination, and filled my heart with wonder and elation.educationsight.blogspot.com I remember I had always been fascinated by lines and angles, by squares and circles. Now I saw these beautiful, wonderful buildings with graceful pillars, tall minarets and splendid’ domes’. I thought of the builders who had designed and built such stately structures. If I could build only one such building! I thought. But how? I was to become a doctor. Still the idea the dream, never left me.

When I came back, Tread every book on the Moghul monuments that I could find. My interest in architecture’ grew so intense that I asked my father to allow me to study engineering. At first, he did not like my idea. He thought that my interest was transitory and fanciful. But I had never liked the outdoor in his dispensary; and I had never entered his surgery. I told him that I had always been afraid of sickness and the sick people. He was shocked and angry. Then he realized that I had always been terribly afraid of his surgical instruments. He shrugged his shoulders, shook his head and thought that I was too much of a silly, timid fool to study medicine. So he allowed me. to study pre-engineering subjects when I passed my Secondary School examination.

Now, that I am taking my F.SC. Examination, I am happy because shortly I shall be joining an Engineering University for my degree in architecture. I do not want to become one more engineer and build some more ugly buildings. My ambition is to translate my idea of beauty into concrete and marble. I remember my dream. I will create buildings that will inspire and satisfy the aesthetic scene of all who love beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment