English Prepositions - Part I

English Prepositions (Part I)

English prepositions with correct answers

NoPrepositionsAnswer
1.The soldiers were oil covered ________dust.with
2.Are you afraid ________the dog?of
3.Alcohol is injurious ________health.to
4.Put your book________ the table.on
5.Switzerland lies ________Germany, France and Italy.between
6.The letter M comes________ L and before N.after
7.He knocked________ the door.at
8.I must send ________the doctor.for
9.A mother should look ________her children.after
10.I prefer beef________ mutton.to
11.What are you laughing ________?at
12.We walked________ the hill.up
13.Don’t be angry ________me.with
14.The house is ________fire.on
15.Put ________your hot and come.on
16.We are ________war with them,at
17.I agreed________ his proposal.to
18.He is interested ________stories.in
19.He is true ________his word.to
20.He is fond________ music.of
21.He is not afraid________ death.of
22.The hills were covered ________forest,with
23.His father died________ cholera.of
24.Early rising is good________ health.for
25.Wait ________me till I come.for
26.He come ________our school.to
27.We congratulated him ________his success.on
28.He goes _________school ________foot.to, on
29.Trust________ God.in
30.The dog ran ________the cat.after
31.He was charged________ theft.with
32.He is very good________ Mathematics.at
33.I have been writing a letter________ 5 o’clock.since
34.He lives________ from my house. far
35.We started________ six o’clock in the morning,at
36.The house he lives________ very old.is
37.I have been waiting for you________ morning, since
38.Where are you coming ________? from
39.He fainted________ hunger. of
40.Akbar will be absent________ a week.for
41.Bees get honey ________flowers.from
42.I am not speaking ________you.to
43.This book belongs________ me.to
44.They came ________car, I think,by
45.Please write ________ink,in
46.Put________ the lights,out
47.My sister stays________ home.at
48.I go to school ________bus.by
49.He was shot dead ________his enemy.by
50.Take care _________your health.of
51.Are you sure_________ the facts?of
52.I have applied________ the post.for
53.He is angry ________me.with
54.He dived________ the river,into
55.I go________ school everyday,to
56.You can buy the medicine ________the chemist.from
57.It is best to draw lines________ a ruler,with
58.I bought this bag________ ten ruppes.for
59.I am proud________ my people.of
60.He is wiser________ the two.of
61.I cannot agree________ your proposal.to
62.He is good________ languages.at
63.He lives ________vegetables and fish.on
64.The examination starts ten o’clock______ Thursday.at, on
65.He deals ________sugar.in
66.This book is very different________ mine,from
67.Success depends________ hard work.on
68.She burst________ tears.into
69.I object________ the proposal,to
70.He acts ________my advice.upon
71.The Quaid was a man________ great qualities,of
72.He always agrees ________me.with
73.The train left Karachi________ Lahore.for
74.Eggs are sold________ the dozen.by
75.Spread a cloth________ the table.on
76.He is suffering________ fever,from
77.It is always good to abide________ laws,by
78.I am grateful ________ you ____ your timely help.to, for
79.He is junior _____ me.to
80.I will be ____ home ____ the evening.at, in
81.She is very proficient ___ English.in
82.He is frequently absent _____ school.from
83.He is a man ___ iron will,of
84.A friend ___ need is a friend indeed.in
85.She does her work ____ night,at
86.He is good _________ English.in
87.She died ____ cancer.of
88.He is interested ________ stories.in
89.I prefer tea ________ coffee.to
90.He is weak ________ Mathematics.in
91.1. I asked my co-traveler in the coach where she would get _______off
92.The telephone has broken _______.down
93.What time does your flight get ________?in
94.We can stay here for as long as our supplies hold _______.out
95.The old man passed ________.away
96.He gets up early _________ the morning.in
97.He came to see me _________ 5 a.m. yesterday.on
98.Mr. Hamid is not __________ the room.in
99.Bashir walked _______ the room.into
100.He distributed the money __________ the two of them.between
101.He refused to divide his property _________ his four sons and four daughters.between
102.This book was written __________ my brother.by
103.The tiger was angry _________ the jackal.with
104.Islamabad is __________ Rawalpindi and Muree.between
105.He wrote a letter a _________fountain pen.with
106.He sat _____________ the chair.on
107.It is impossible to come back __________ a week.within
108.He began working in the school_________ the 1st of March.from
109.He is fond _________ reading books.of
110.Najma is not interested __________ games.in
111.Ajmal is good _________ mathematics.at
112.He has given ________ smoking.up
113.We should be proud _________ our country.of
114.The nurse looks ______ the patient.after
115.Arsitad is hiding ___________ the door.behind
116.The teacher was working _________ the table.at
117.The fisherman was walking __________ the street.along
118.The child was afraid __________ walking.of
119.The boy climbed _________ the tree.up
120.You are not fit __________ this job.on
121.He promised to look __________ this matter.into
122.He has been ill _________ the 1st of March.since
123.I met him yesterday __________ the way.on
124.It is quarter to nine __________ my watch.by
125.He begged him _________ mercy.for
126.The farmer’s wife laughed _________ her husband.at
127.During his light the tiger ran _________ the jackal,after
128.The farmer’s wife was not afraid _________the tiger.of
129.I shall fetch the cow _________ you in a few minutes.for
130.He sits _________ me on the bench.beside
131.He is not waiting ___________ his friend.for
132.The baby is crying _________ its mother.for
133.The patient has been cured _________ the disease.for
134.I am used _________ taking tea without sugarof
135.You should be ashamed ____________ your behavior.of
136.The pen slipped _________ his fingers.with
137.I parked ______________ a van and another car.between
138.Please introduce me_________ your father.to
139.He is not acquainted _____________ my parents.with
140.This machine is fitted ______________ automatic control.with
141.A round nail does not fit _______________a square hole.into
142.We look up _________ you to solve our problems.to
143.A knife is to cut ______.with
144.We are all answerable _____________ ALLAH for our actions.to
145.I cancel all interest due _____________ my uncle.to
146.I have told you all ____________ my summer vacation.about
147.King Faisal was devoted ___________ Islam.by
148.Think ____________ a gentleman cleaning the bathroom.to
149.I prefer hot tea ___________cold coffee.at
150.The conjurer tore the handkerchief_________ pieces.by

No comments:

Post a Comment