Boarding a Train - English Essay

Boarding a Train

English Essay on "Boarding a Train" - Composition on "Boarding a Train"

Last year, I had a memorable experience of forcing my way into a third class compartment of an express train. I think I will never be able to forget it. A full year has not dimmed it memory. I remember it in every detail, as if it happened yesterday. A friend of mine bad invited me to Rawalpindi, and unfortunately, I had accepted the invitation, although I had only ten rupees in my pocket. I tried to borrow some money but no one came to my help. All I could borrow was a leather suit-case which my brother lent me on the condition that I would replace it if it got damaged.

One fateful morning, I packed my clothes and some old magazines in that suit-case, and went to the station bought a third class ticket and sat in the waiting room. The train was late by two hours. I bought a packet of cigarettes. That left only, four rupees in my pocket.

When I had smoked half of the cigarettes, the train arrived. I took up my suit-case and ran to the platform. A porter stopped me and offered to carry my luggage for three rupees. I told him to find some other patron for I was young and strong enough to carry my suit-case. Once again I rushed towards the train. But it was not a simple matter.educationsight.blogspot.com The platform presented almost a battle scene. There were hundreds of people running in every direction. They looked like a defeated army running for their lives but finding no way to escape.

After a silent prayer to God, I jumped mo the arena. I had not taken two steps when a very fat man bumped straight against me, and sent me in a flying some result. When I came back to the around, I struck against a tall elderly gentleman. He staggered like a man mortally wounded, and his umbrella, brief-case and a fruit basket went flying in all directions. Before he could know what had happened to him, I had slipped through his legs.

Now I was caught between two crowds trying to force their way in opposite directions. I was almost crushed between the two. My suit-case had been pulled and crushed out of shape. Then a strong wave of people swept me off my feet, and the next moment I was standing before a third class compartment. My ordeal had not ended. The door was blocked by a large group of people who attempted to get in simultaneously. At that time, my friend, the porter, who had met me earlier, came, to my rescue. He repeated his previous offer. This time I gratefully accepted it. He took hold of my shoulders and after a long struggle hurled me over the shoulders of the crowd, and the next moment I was inside, rubbing my bruised’ knees and elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment